Thanksgiving is one of the joy able holidays for the American people and they celebrate this function with a lot of fun and excitement with their family members and friends. Furthermore, it is considered to be the fantastic festival where it brings lots of memories of family reunions with the joy of eating food long with their near and dear ones. Basically, the Thanksgiving Day was initially celebrated by the local tribal people as the harvest festival. After that, this Thanksgiving Day has become the ritual in all the lives to give more enthusiasm. During this festival, people who are in the family have prepared their delicious meals and share with their friends and relatives. For this wonderful Thanksgiving Day festival, there are different kinds recipes are prepared to make it more fantastic. In this manner, the hearty vegetable pot pie is one of the very best dishes to be prepared in the Thanksgiving Day. This article gives you information about preparing the hearty vegetable pot pie recipe in the healthiest and delicious manner.
- 8 medium size potatoes
- 1 chopped large onion
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of diced vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of white flour
- ¼ cup of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 11/2 teaspoon of all-purpose seasoning blend
- ¼ cup of minced parsley
- 2 pie crusts with 9 inches
- 1 cup of wine with the whole grain bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper for taste
These kinds of ingredients are needed to prepare the hearty vegetable pot pie. You can add some other seasonings for adding more taste in the healthiest manner. Additionally, you can use the paprika for the topping purposes.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave with the hot water to remove its skin. Then, dice the four potatoes and mash the remaining potatoes. Store them separately.
- Preheat the oven the 400 degree Fahrenheit to prepare the dish.
- Then, heat the olive oil in the large pot and add some onion and the sauté.
- Cook the onion and the sauté until it changed to the golden brown colour.
- Then, add diced vegetables and add some amount of water for cooking. It is better to cook for five more minutes in the covering mode.
- After that, you need to add some flour to the pot and also add some vegetable stock into the ingredients.
- If you need, you add the nutritional yeast and cook it for two minutes and stir them continuously until the fluid condenses.
- Then, add the diced and mashed potatoes to the pot and stir well gradually with the medium heat.
- Season with the salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and stir it gently.
- Finally, bring these ingredients to the pie crusts and tap in.
- Then, spread the bread crumbs and paprika over the pie crusts and bake it for 40 minutes.
If the pie crusts get the golden colour, you can serve this hearty vegetable pot pie with your family members on the Thanksgiving Day to make it special.