A tofu is considered as one of the healthier recipes to taste which gives more beneficial to the eaters. You can make this recipe in a variety of ways by using vegetable or broccoli based on your wish. Before starting making tofu, you must learn and understand the ingredients how to collect and prepare the item in an easy way. The great benefits of eating tofu healthy items are lower in fats and calories, so it is recommended to intake by all aged people. Its preparation is very simple and easy to make by using very basic essential ingredients.
The tofu is one of the popular Japanese recipes which give a delicious taste, low calorie content and high nutritional value. You can make this recipe at anytime and anywhere because it takes only a few minutes to prepare. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, the tofu recipes easy stuffed shells are the best choice for you to prepare and eat. Now, you can see the ingredients necessary for making tofu stuffed shell recipe.
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup shredded zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 container tofu
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Methods to prepare
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and then add pasta to cook it for 8 to 10 minutes until it drains thoroughly.
- At the same time, take a small saucepan over medium heat and add the mixture of a certain quantity of carrot, onion and zucchini.
- Now, pour enough water to cover and cook this mixture until it drains and tender.
- In a large bowl, you can mash the tofu with a fork and stir in the carrot mixture, jack cheese, ricotta cheese, egg white, ½ cup mozzarella cheese and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Take a medium saucepan over medium high heat and combine tomatoes, basil, tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano and garlic.
- Now, you bring these above mixture to boil with low heat and keep it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now, you should stuff each cooked pasta shell about 1 rounded tablespoon of filling with mixture and then place the shells in an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Pour sauce over shells to taste.
- Cover and bake the pasta shells in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until it can be heated thoroughly.
- Finally sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese for toppings and serve the tofu recipes easy stuffed shells on the plate and taste the delicious and yummy recipe of tofu.
If you want to taste this recipe with the different flavor, you can add some sauce and flavors in it. The adding of different flavors is giving different taste and also you can try this recipe by using meat instead of using vegetables.