A cucumber yogurt sauce recipe is one of the most famous Greek recipe items which can be made with certain ingredients and a flavorful sauce. This delicious recipe has different types of names and it can be also considered as the Greek cheese, thicker or Greek Yogurt. The great specialty of this recipe is using cucumber and sauce, which gives flavorful taste to the eaters. You can use any types of flavors while making this recipe based on your favorite taste. You can also try this recipe with the several variations such as using sour cream, sour milk, yogurt or strained yogurt but all depends upon your taste. But, the cucumber yogurt recipe is fully made with the cucumber and sauce.
Whatever the recipe you are trying to make, the first thing is to learn and understand how to make a recipe with the proper methods and what are all the ingredient needs to use. Now, you can see the ingredients that can be used for making the cucumber yogurt sauce recipe that includes,
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 small cucumber-peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 green onion
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
These are all essential ingredients needed for making cucumber yogurt sauce. Once you have decided to try this recipe, first you have to collect these above ingredients and learning the preparation of the recipe in a following way.
Methods to prepare
- Initially, you take some cucumbers to peel and dice, then put them in a colander and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of salt to taste.
- Once the water draws out from the cucumber, cover it with a plate and put something heavy on top.
- Let you sit the plate for 30 minutes until it drains well and then wipe it dry with a paper towel.
- Now take a food processor, and then add some cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, mint leaves and a few grinds of black pepper to taste.
- You blend the above mixture until it is well blended and then stir into yogurt.
- Before tasting it, you can add some a pinch of any extra salt if needed.
- Now, you can place this blended mixture in the refrigerator at least for two hours before serving.
- During the refrigerator, the flavors are well blended and give an extraordinary taste while tasting it.
The above mentioned steps are the proper way of methodologies to make a yummy cucumber yogurt sauce recipe. This recipe is mostly liked by the children and youngsters that can be suitable to consume by all people without the hassle. However, this recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare so you can make it either in a fresh taste or make it priory to keep for a few days in the refrigerator. But, the main thing is required to drain off any water thoroughly and stir every time when you use it.