Walnut and red pepper dip with pomegranate is a delicious dip that people can enjoy it with half bread, sandwich and salad. This is a delicious and healthy dip that everyone loves. This dip contains vitamin C, mega 3 acids and UV protection that can help people to fight wrinkles and anti aging signs. This dip can help in keeping the skin smooth. If you like to make your kid or family enjoy breakfast in a healthy way, you can make this healthy dip that can be a good alternative to ketchups and processed condiments having added sugar. This guide helps you to make this delicious dip at home. First you have to make ready the following ingredients.
- 7 ounces of roasted red peppers
- One third cup of fresh bread crumbs
- One third cup of walnuts
- Four minced garlic cloves
- Extract of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- One quarter cup of virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
Procedure to make the dip
Let us begin making the red pepper and walnut dip with pomegranate. If you do not have pomegranate molasses, you can extract the juice of one pomegranate using a food processor. You need to strain the liquid and discard the solids. Then you can replace the molasses with fresh pomegranate juice.
- Rinse and drain one cup or seven ounces of red pepper. Place the drained red pepper in the food processor.
- Add one third cup of fresh bread crumbs, one third cup of walnuts, four garlic cloves that are minced, extract of one lemon and four tablespoons of pomegranate molasses in the food processor. Note: pomegranate molasses is made from the condensed juice of pomegranates. This has a distinct sour and sweet flavor that is best for dips, peel offs and dressings.
- Put the lid on the processor and process all these ingredients until all get mixed well to make the dip. When the ingredients are mixed well you can add some virgin olive oil to this mixture. Process again to mix the olive oil with the dip.
- Turn off the processor and taste the dip. Then add some pinches of salt about half of a teaspoon and a pinch of cayenne pepper to add taste to this healthy dip. Again process for few times to get the salt and spice mixed well with the dip.
- Finally place the dip in a cup or plate to serve on the table.
- Before you serve you can garnish the red pepper dip by drizzling with some teaspoons of pomegranate molasses and sprinkling some walnuts over it.
This is a sweet and sour appetizer that is good for health and delicious as well. People can make changes in their daily routine by replacing the condensed condiments, sauces and ketchups with healthy dips like red pepper dip with walnut and pomegranate. They can enjoy their breakfast or snacks time with this sweet and sour dip.