When the home makers are planning to make a tasty and healthy sweet for your evening time, prepare a Texas grapefruit broiled with vanilla. It is a perfect choice of sweet to make your evening more special. At the same time, grapefruit is a healthy option for preparing different recipes because it contains so many vitamins and minerals. It is a very simple and easy to prepare recipe that will take only few minutes to make it. The preparers can make this recipe with only few easily available ingredients.
With the simple ingredients, you can easily and quickly prepare this sweet recipe with the healthy Texas grapefruit. Vanilla is a most popular and preferable choice of flavor to many humans. This is why this recipe is made up using the vanilla essence powder to enhance its taste. There are plenty of health benefits while eating Texas grapefruit. It is rich in vitamin C that is essential vitamin for the good health of the humans. The grapefruit can really help to get rid of many illnesses such as head colds.
Even it is a sweet recipe, it is completely healthy for you. Texas grapefruit is totally loaded with full of fiber content. In order to get more fiber in your diet, it is compulsory to take grapefruit daily. Some people may avoid taking direct juicy effects of the grapefruit. For those individuals, this recipe will provide a different experience of tasting grapefruit and at the same time you will get numerous health benefits.
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Chopped crystallized ginger – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla – ¾ tsp
- Texas Rio star grapefruit – 6
- The preparers first need to take an electric spice/coffee grinder and add some ingredients such as ginger, sugar, and vanilla in this grinder.
- Grind all these dry ingredients finely.
- In this step, you need to halve all 6 grapefruits crosswise.
- Then, run a knife around every section of the each grapefruit to loosen their membranes.
- You have to arrange all taken grapefruits and cut side up.
- Next, you need to put these grapefruits in the baking dish and shake over with the sugar mixture.
- In this step only the preparers start a broiling process of the ingredients. You should broil all cut grapefruits about 1 inch each from heat. It must be done until the sugar melts and top begins to color brown. This process will approximately take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, Texas grapefruit broiled with vanilla is ready to taste. The preparers need to serve it at the room temperature.
Instead of sugar and vanilla essence, the preparers can also try this recipe with the classic ingredients like brown sugar and butter. It will also provide you different taste and flavor to this recipe. When you are too health conscious, you can add brown sugar instead of normal white sugar to prepare this sweet recipe with the healthy grapefruits.