The combination of raw vegetables and fruits are said to be salads. It is really good to take part of these salads in your regular diet. It will give sufficient nutritional benefits to your health. You can consume this health salad as a snack or breakfast. There are different types of salad varieties are available in the internet and so you can choose the desired one as per your personal taste. It will not take more time for preparation and it will give all essential benefits for your fitness. You need to consume these types of salads rather than fast foods. The mixture of orange, carrot and dates will give you an amazing taste and you prepare it in your home without any hassle.
- 4 cups of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, grated and peeled
- ¼ cup of pitted dates
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small parts
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Ground pepper, fresh
- First, you need to take a large plate and spread the 4 cups of romaine lettuce that is chopped well. You want to make sure that the lettuce portions are to be easy bite for your kids. You have to cut the lettuce into small nibble pieces.
- After that, add 2 medium size carrots that grated and peeled finely on top of the lettuce pieces. The carrots are actually good in nutrients so that it is extremely used in most of the salads. The sweetie tang in the carrot will enrich the salad in high range.
- Now, you want to spread ¼ cup of pitted dates on the top of the lettuce and carrot mixture. Dates offer you a broad range of necessary nutrients. Further, it also contains high quality protein content.
- When you crunch into the salad the small pieces of dates will provide the individual flavour in the salad. Now, you need to take 1 navel orange that is peeled and cut into tiny segments. You can make use of any type of orange as per your personal taste.
- You need to prepare vinaigrette which adds wonderful taste to the salad. Take a small mixing bowl and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon. After that, you can add juice of 1 orange into the mixing bowl. Now, add 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water into it. You need to whisk it everything to combine the mixture uniformly and well in the bowl.
- By mixing the mixture in the bowl, you want add 1/4 of olive oil drop by drop into the bowl slowly and finally again whisk it well. You can add pinch of fresh ground pepper to add extra taste to the salad.
- You want to add the prepared vinaigrette on the top of the salad mixture and then enjoy the taste of it with your family.