The grapefruit, avocado salads are very simple and easy to prepare deserts within a few minutes. It is one of the simplest refreshing meals that made by the mixture of fruits and vegetables. It contains a lot of well-documented superior nutritional benefits and also healthier to the eaters. Especially, the grapefruit is one of the perfect choices of super foods for the diabetes people which offer more beneficial things to them. Usually, the fruit salads are most often prepared in the home during the summer day because it is quick, light and warm meal to consume. The grapefruit contains a huge number of fat burning properties so it becomes a good choice those who lose weight naturally.
Now, you can see how to prepare a grapefruit, avocado salad in the step by step procedure as follows. First, you should collect the necessary ingredients to make this cool, delicious recipe and then start preparing the recipe by yourself. The essential ingredients are,
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 grapefruits, peeled, segmented, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime zest
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
These are all necessary ingredients to prepare the avocado grapefruit. Before starting making the recipe, you must collect all these ingredients and decide how to make this grapefruit recipe in the following below procedure.
Methods to prepare
- First, take a small bowl and mix the vinaigrette ingredients.
- To supreme the grapefruit, you slice off a half-inch or a little bit extra from the end of the stem and also the blossom end of the fruit. This way helps you enough to expose the fruit easily.
- Use a sharp knife to cut away the peel from the grapefruit and keep it follows until the grapefruit is completely peeled off.
- Now, you cut alongside membranes of the fruit by using a knife and separate the fruit segments.
- Remove the segments by either gently pulling the segment out or cutting the segments away from the membranes.
- You continue to remove segment around the grapefruits until you have cut all of the segments without cutting their connective membranes.
- Now, you should peel and slice the avocados thoroughly.
- Arrange the slices of grapefruit segments and avocados on the plate with a few lettuce leaves.
- Finally, put a spoon dressing over the avocado grapefruit salad.
Usually, the grapefruit and avocado are the perfect combination of grapefruits which can be mostly used by people for making the delicious salad recipe. The grapefruit is also like a citrus which grows during the gloomiest winter season. You can easily make this salad with the use fresh vegetables and fruits and serve it with a little cracked meat or pink shrimp. However, it takes only a few minutes to prepare, but it consumes more time to peel off. The hardest part of making this avocado, grapefruit recipe is segmenting and removing the peel of fruits. Let you try this recipe in your home and enjoy eating with this tasty delicious recipe.