Preparing salad recipes are very easy and simple and they bring us a few steps closer to the recommended daily serving of fruit and vegetables. Eating salads provides a lot of health benefits to the human being and it is one of the best diets for the people who like to have a constant health and fitness in their body. Basically, the salad is full of vegetables and fruits, so that it can be very effective for the health of the people, but if you are not comfortable to eat with these raw vegetables, then you can add some other things to add taste to the salad. It is a quite good thing when it is taken with the fat free or reduced fat product to get wonderful health benefits. There are a variety of salads available and so you can prepare them on your own.
Even though, there are a variety of salads for preparation, the fattoush salad is one of the special salads among others. Actually, this is the standard dish which is highly famous in the Middle Eastern countries. To prepare this fattoush salad recipe, you need some ingredients.
Ingredients needed to prepare the fattoush salad
- 5 cups of pita bread, toasted
- 1 diced cucumber
- 2 diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of chopped red or green onion
- ½ head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of green pepper
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- ¼ cup of pomegranate molasses
- Salt to taste
These are the ingredients which are highly needed to prepare the fattoush salad in the healthiest manner. Let’s see how to prepare the fattoush salad with the more taste.
Directions to prepare the salad
- Initially, take a large size bowl and put all the diced vegetables.
- In this manner, take the vegetables like onion, tomato, cucumber, parsley and lettuce together.
- Mix well to until they are fully combined
- Besides, take an another bowl with the pomegranate molasses
- Pour some lemon juice on the molasses and stir well gently.
- After that, add some salt and pepper as you need for the taste.
- Then, add the olive oil into the mixture and gently mix them.
- Finally, pour this mixture on the mixed vegetables and stir them to spread over the juice.
- If you want to dress over the salad, you can take the garlic, olive oil and mint on the bowl.
- Then, add it over the salad to give an attractive look to the salad.
- Now, the fattoush salad is ready to serve.
In this manner, the fattoush salad is prepared. If you want to have more taste in the salad, you can add some more spices while preparing. In this way, it is better to add the chick peas, because it is one of the healthiest food for the body. So, you can use these tips to make your favorite fattoush salad to get more and more taste to ensure your health and fitness.